The things you’d do over and over again for a new app, is already done for you.
Gradle setup, ProGuard rules, .gitignore, Material Design palette, metrics and much more
Every time you start building a new Android app, you have to write repeated lines of code for setup.
Let’s face it. The default templates do you hardly any good. You have to set up theming, basic dimension metrics and more. If you’re supporting Tablets, then more work for you! A lot of your time and effort will go waste.
I’ve written a handy Android Studio starter project, for you. It can save a TON of your time, so you can focus on what matters most. Building your app.
- Gradle setup for debug and release build types
- ProGuard rules for APK optimizations, support libraries and more
- Single-pane and Two-pane setup for Phones and Tablets
- Useful dimension metrics (tablet-compatible)
- Material Design Theme setup (styles) with pre-Lollipop support
- Full Material Design Palette colors
- Git-ready with configured .gitignore
- BaseActivity and BaseFragment that support Butterknife (for view binding)
- Nine useful Utility methods for common UI needs.